How Do I Choose a Comfortable Pillow?
Pillows can be a huge factor in how you sleep at night. Waking up stiff in the morning is never a good start to anyone’s day and a great way to ensure a properly restful night’s sleep is to find the perfect pillow.
It is important to note though that a pillow that is comfortable for one person may be just the opposite for another the best pillow is the one that is best for you.
All of our pillows are made using breathable materials and high-quality hollowfibre filling to keep your bedding fresher for longer.
At Bedding Comfort Store we offer a massive range of pillows. We have multiple collections of pillows very important for a good night’s rest such as; featured pillows, orthopaedic pillows, maternity pillows, essential pillows and Dobby Design pillows.
Within these collections we have a huge variety of pillows from memory foam pillows to luxury quilted pillows to body pillows that offer amazing support you will absolutely be able to find your perfect pillow.
The importance of choosing the correct pillow
When trying to find the most comfortable pillow you should also bear in mind what healthy sleep positions are. You do not want to hurt yourself in the long run by sleeping on the wrong thickness or amount of pillows.
- Pillows are essential for improving spine health and looking after your back.
- Pillows can help you to combat neck pain as well.
- Pillows are great for enhancing comfort when lying in bed.
- The perfect pillow can help improve your sleep posture and comfort.
- Pillows can improve the quality of the sleep you will be able to have.
- Pillows are a key part of your bedding and of the sleep process.
A pillow that is too thick or if you have too many you could cause yourself problems in the future on top of stiffness every morning.
We offer premium-grade pillows that can recreate the feeling of staying in a hotel and are sold at affordable prices. We absolutely do not believe in compromising the quality of our pillows so you will receive great quality pillows for far less than you might expect.
The best way to go to be every night feeling like your staying in a luxury hotel is to invest in high-quality bedding. You will want pillows, bedsheets and duvets that look and feel luxurious. Make sure you are choosing the right material too.
At Bedding Comfort Store we can offer you a choice from our extremely popular Luxury Hotel Collection. This collection was designed with comfort and luxury in mind. It aims to make your bedroom echo the environment of a hotel room to give you a peaceful and lavish night’s sleep. This wonderful luxurious feeling also does not come at the price of breaking the bank.
How often should you be cleaning your pillows?
We believe that washing your pillows every three months is the best way to do it. Having clean pillows will extend their life and keep them feeling and smelling clean and fresh.
How should you clean your pillows?
The first step that you should take when washing your pillows is to check the laundry label to see if you can use your washing machine.
Before washing using any method you you first shake any debris from the pillow.
If your pillows are not machine washable you should:
- Soak your pillow in lukewarm water.
- Add a small amount of washing powder.
- Knead the pillow gently and flip it over to make sure you get all of it.
- Rinse and repeat until thoroughly clean
- Dry the pillow either in a well-ventilated space indoors or outside. Make sure it is thoroughly dry before you use it again.
Remember to be gentle! Harsh scrubbing or wringing of your pillows could cause them to lose their shape.
If you can wash your pillows in the washing machine you should:
- Ensure that they have their own cycle and keep them separate from other items like clothes.
- Use a small amount of washing powder.
- Choose a gentle cycle with warm water.
- Check the laundry label again to see if your pillows are alright to be placed in a tumble dryer.
- If so use a low heat.
- Periodically pause the dryer, take out the pillows and fluff the pillows by hand.
What if there are stains on my pillow?
Stains can be troublesome, luckily we have a few tips to help with getting stains out of your pillows.
- Add a dishwasher tablet in the washing machine with your pillow- they can cut through the tougher grease and make your pillow white again.
- Make a paste with baking soda and water and spot treat to stain. Work it into the stain using a toothbrush and rinse. Follow this by washing the pillow and allowing it to fully dry.
- Never use chlorine to whiten your pillows it will likely only cause more yellowing.
How do you know if you need a new pillow?
There are a few different signs that will let you know when it is time to get a new pillow and these are as follows:
- You are consistently waking up with neck pain, shoulder pain or a headache.
- Your pillow is no longer sprint to the touch.
- Your pillow feels lumpy, hard or stiff to be sleeping on.
- Your pillow stays folded in half when it should actually go back into its original shape.
- Your pillow has lost its shape and firmness.
- Your pillow smells bad.
- Your pillow is covered in stains.
- You are consistently sneezing throughout this night – this would be because your pillow has taken in too much dust and bacteria.
- You are having frequent and recurring breakouts on your face.
How do you choose a comfortable pillow?
To find the pillow that is perfect for you you will need to consider what kind of position you sleep in and how much you move. These factors can be huge in a comfortable night’s rest and with the wrong pillow you may not be able to achieve this.
- Set of 2
- Luxury feel
- Cotton cover
- Hollowfibre filling
- Machine washable
- Soft, medium & firm
- 48 x 76cm 19 x 30″ (UK Standard Size Approx)
- Luxury pillows for a superior night’s sleep
Our Luxury Pillow Pair includes two pillows with a 100% cotton cover and a hollowfibre filling. The cotton cover is soft and silky smooth, delivering superior comfort compared to other materials while being hypoallergenic and easy to care for.
Can you feel the difference between a luxury and budget or mid-range pillow? You bet! Our luxury pillows are more pliable and nicer to use without a pillowcase. If you sometimes sleep without pillowcases, our Luxury Pillow Pair should be top of your list.
Soft pillow 700g
Our soft luxury pillows are perfect for front sleepers because the pillow will compress almost flat under your weight. These pillows provide minimal support, making them a good choice if you like to sleep without elevation.
Medium pillow 850g
Our medium luxury pillows are perfect for back sleepers because they compress under head weight, but not completely. This means they will conform to your head but keep their rigidity to keep your neck and spine aligned.
Firm pillow 1,000g
Our firm luxury pillows are perfect for back sleepers because they maintain their shape no matter what. You can place your body weight on them, and they will compress very little, so this is the best choice if you need elevation.
We hope you now have the answer to the question ‘How do I choose a comfortable pillow?’
At Bedding Comfort Store, we are one of the UK’s leading suppliers of bedding.
We sell duvets, pillows, bedding sets, mattress toppers, mattress protectors, cushions, nursery bedding, fabric, upholstery & insulation and towels.