Why Do Hotel Pillows Feel So Good?
Sinking your head into the plump pillows is one of the best parts of staying in a hotel. It offers the comfort, luxury and escapism that you were looking for when you booked the hotel stay!
All over the world, hotels are one of the biggest consumers of pillows. In fact, the global pillow market is expected to grow by $9.67 billion by the year 2026, showing how the demand for good quality pillows is continuing to boom.
In this article, we will answer the question ‘why do hotel pillows feel so good?’
Why do hotel pillows feel so good?
Hotels put a lot of thought and effort into making their rooms appealing, indulgent and comfortable for their guests. Hotels also have to take into consideration that their guests will have different sleeping styles: some people are front sleepers, some people sleep on their back, while others are happier with hard, firm pillows.
After all, no hotel wants an array of negative ratings on TripAdvisor due to cheap pillows that are uncomfortable and rip easily- that would drive away customers and bring down business!
Here are several reasons as to why do hotel pillows feel so good:
- Hotel pillows are softer, fluffier and more luxurious. Their fill material is usually 100% genuine goose down or feathers.
- Hotel pillows offer long-lasting support for the head and upper body. The cloud-like feel of hotel pillows is amazing for keeping your head, neck and spine healthily aligned.
- Hotel pillows are replaced more often, so these newer pillows will always feel plumper and more comfortable to rest your head on.
- Hotel pillows are made from high-quality materials, which enhance comfort and breathability.
- Hotel pillows tend to be more expensive, as hotels are eager to spend copious amounts of money on premium-quality pillows for their guests.
- Hotel pillows are hypoallergenic, which is helpful for keeping away allergens such as dust mites- which is excellent for relieving symptoms such as sneezing, coughing and a runny nose.
- Hotel pillows are cleaned much more often, to remove germs and to meet health and safety requirements.
- Hotel pillows tend to hold their shape well, as they strike the right balance of softness and firmness.
- Hotel pillows use higher-end, luxurious pillow cases, such as silk.
- Hotel pillows have protective covers, which keep the pillows fresher and make them last longer.
Where can I buy hotel quality pillows?
Here at Bedding Comfort Store, we offer hotel-quality pillows, to help you recreate the luxurious experience that hotel bedding offers.
We are proud to offer premium-grade pillows that are elegant and comfortable enough to go in a hotel room, at affordable prices. However, we do not compromise on the quality of our pillows, which
From quilted luxury styles to memory foam pillow designs that promote deep rest, our complete collection has covered everything.
You will also find supportive body pillow designs and traditional pillows that complete our extensive range.
All made from breathable materials with high-quality hollow fibre fillings, we also make it simple for you to keep beds fresh and clean for longer. Please explore our complete collection to find your perfect pillow.
Read on to see our recommendations for some of our favourite hotel-quality pillows, which won’t break the bank:
This set comes with 2 hotel-quality pillows, which are a dream to sleep on. These have a 100% hollowfibre filling, which offers excellent support and loftiness, with hypoallergenic qualities and easy maintenance.
The pillows come with quilted protectors with a zip fastening, to help keep them clean.
You don’t even need to wash the pillows themselves- simply wash the protectors, and that is enough to keep your bed hygienic and clean!
Choose between a pillow feel of soft (700g), medium (850g), or firm (1000g), to suit your preferences.
With a 100% cotton cover, this pair of pillows offer a luxury feel. Hypoallergenic and machine washable, these pillows offer fantastic breathability and are easy to keep clean.
The silky smooth texture of these pillows deliver superior comfort. You would be surprised at the high quality the pillows offer, despite being so affordable.
This affordable, yet super comfortable pair of pillows is ideal for hotels and Bed and Breakfast venues, as well as for recreating hotel comfort at home!
The polycotton cover and hypoallergenic filling create a beautiful, lofty pillow that retains its shape. The pillows are machine-washable with overlocked edges.
Our hotel pillow range is designed to last and deliver comfort all night. Each pillow is 48cm x 76cm, so they will fit your standard pillowcases.
This pillow set is machine washable
Choose the pillow feel, from soft (700g), medium (850g) and firm (1,000g)- and give yourself a peaceful night’s sleep.
For a blissful night of sleep, you need our Virgin Egyptian Cotton Pillows Pack of 2.
The Virgin Egyptian Cotton material is wonderfully soft and silky, as well as being airy and breathable.
Did you know that you can sleep on these hotel-quality pillows, without using pillowcases? These luxury pillows actually feel more pliable and more pleasant if you skip the pillowcase!
Select your preferred pillow feel, from soft (700g), medium (850g) and firm (1,000g), and enjoy a relaxing, comfortable night.
How often should I clean my pillows?
Your pillow can be a breeding ground for bacteria, dust mites and germs. In fact, after just one week of use, a pillow can harbour more bacteria than a toilet seat!
Nasty germs can accumulate on your pillows from your face, dead skin cells, hair, saliva, and even due to the humidity in your bedroom.
So, it is best practice to wash your pillows every 3 to 6 months.
Pillowcases should be washed at least once every 2 weeks.
Can you put pillows in the washing machine?
Yes, as long as the care label says that your pillows are suitable for machine washing.
You should wash your pillows on a gentle cycle, using only mild detergent.
Allow wet pillows to fully dry, before you use them again, as mould and mildew can grow in a damp environment.
If your pillows are not suitable for machine washing, then you can hand wash them instead.
How do you hand wash pillows?
If your pillows cannot be put in the washing machine, then follow these simple steps to hand wash them instead:
- Take off the pillow cases, and wash these separately.
- Fill a tub or sink with warm water and a spoon of mild detergent or soap powder.
- Submerge the pillow in the soapy water.
- Gently squeeze the pillow to dislodge the dirt, and let the water penetrate through.
- Do not wring the pillow harshly, as this could cause the pillow to lose its shape and fluffiness.
- Rinse the pillow, so that the soap and bubbles have all gone.
- Allow the pillow to fully dry, either outdoors in the fresh air, or in a well-ventilated area indoors.
- Do not re-use the pillow or place a pillowcase over it while it is still damp.
- How to choose the perfect pillow
- How to protect your pillows
- Affordable soft large cushions for sofas and beds- must have 2023
- How to use a V Pillow
- The ultimate pillow guide
- When to put a duvet and pillow in a cot
We hope you now have the answer to the question ‘why do hotel pillows feel so good?’
To purchase our nursery bedding, click here.
Read more articles on Bedding Comfort Store’s blog here.