Bedding Comfort Store is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We collect personal information for a variety of reasons to provide the best service we can. This policy explains how we do this.
Just to explain briefly what this policy contains:
Who we are:
Bedding Comfort Store is a trading name of Sartex Quilts and Textile Ltd. Our Company Registration Number is 2715284. We are registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office who are the supervisory authority for all data protection matters. This means that we decide why and how your personal information is processed.
Collecting and using your personal information:
We rely on different legal reasons to send marketing to you depending on the circumstances. Where the law permits, we send postal and email/SMS correspondence that we consider to be a service related communication, that will not unduly impact on your rights and that you can opt-out from by unsubscribing from email communications, by changing your profile settings within your account or by contacting our Customer Services. We take our data protection obligations seriously and where the law requires us to ask for your consent to send marketing by email/SMS, we will always do so.
When, and only when you have given us permission, we share your details with other partners and service providers, for them to market to you.
We do not currently share any or your personal information outside the UK or EU. We may only process personal information outside of the UK to provide our services to US customers. We have sites covering Europe which are covered by the appropriate security measures so you can always expect a similar level of protection of your personal information. We may need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. The latest update will be shown on the website at www.beddingcomfortstore.co.uk.
2. Personal information we collect about you
We receive personal information about you that you give to us, that we collect (including automatically) from your visits to our stores, site and social media pages and that we obtain from other sources. We only collect personal information which we need and that is relevant for the purposes for which we intend to use it.
Personal information that you give to us – in store, online, by phone, social media and email:
We collect the following information if you choose to give it to us in connection with your account registration, in-store visits, purchases, general enquiries, our social media pages or when exercising your legal rights, corresponding with us by phone, email or other means, and is provided by you entirely voluntarily. There are some circumstances where we need the information, for example, where you have placed an order with us, we need to know where to deliver your order and to be able to take payment from you. The information you provide to us is voluntary, however if you don’t provide us with this information, we may be unable to provide our services to you or be unable to interact with you in the way you would expect. We collect:
- Your name, title and contact details (email address, telephone (including mobile) number, postal address, social media handle);
- Any information you include in correspondence you send to us or in forms you submit to us at our stores or when using our site or social media pages;
- Details of your orders and purchases;
- Your marketing preferences;
- The opinions and other information you provide when responding to customer surveys product and customer reviews;
- Any personal information included in your entries to competitions that we run;
- Your identification information when exercising the rights that you have in relation to our processing of your personal information (see further ‘Your rights in relation to your personal information’ below)
- Details of any transactions between you and us;
- Voice recordings of calls you make to our customer service centre and information you give us when you contact us with a query or issue;
- Your payment card details and, in relation to certain refunds, your bank account details; and
- Information you give to us when you contact us with a query or issue.
Automatically Collected Information
From stores, the site and from other sources such as payment providers and social media.
- Footage of you and your shopping companions will be recorded and monitored (including your/their physical appearance) on CCTV; and
- The frequency of your use of vouchers and gift cards.
From the site:
- The frequency of your use of voucher and discount codes;
- The internet protocol (IP) address of your device and details regarding the type of device and browser software you use to access the site;
- Details of your use of our site, namely, traffic data, weblogs and statistical data, including where and when you clicked on certain parts of our site and details of the webpage from which you visited it;
- The date and time you used our site;
- The pages you visited on our site and how long you visited us for;
- The website address from which you accessed our website;
- Details regarding when and how you consented or otherwise agreed to receive marketing communications from us (including the date you did so); and
From other sources:
- From you when you ring our customer services team to place an order
- Where we have legally sourced information from 3rd parties such as payment and delivery service providers, advertising networks, social media platforms, analytics service providers, customer review providers, retail solutions and search information providers.
- From customers when you supply your details to make a delivery of a gift to you
- How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for a variety of reasons. We rely on different legal grounds to process your personal information, depending on the purposes of our use and the risks to your privacy.
Where you have provided consent
Where you have given permission to use your data:
- To contact you via email or SMS with marketing information about news and exciting offers relating to our products. For example, we rely on consent where you sign up to receive email newsletters by entering and submitting your email address. Where we send marketing information to you after presenting an opt-out option to you, we do so based on our legitimate interests, and not on the basis that we have obtained your consent;
- To contact you to reconfirm your marketing preferences from time to time;
- To contact you via SMS to confirm your delivery if required;
- To manage and serve in-store customers more effectively when you consent to using our queue management system
Where it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations
We will use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations such as health and safety:
- To keep a record relating the exercise of any of your rights relating to our processing of your personal information;
- To take any actions in relation to health and safety incidents required by law; and
- To handle and resolve any complaints we receive relating to the services and products we provide.
Where necessary to perform a contract with you, or take pre-contract steps you’ve asked for
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you, including:
- To fulfil your orders, purchases and other transactions
- To run competitions from time to time and distribute prizes
Where necessary to pursue a legitimate interest
We may use and process your personal information using techniques such as analysis, evaluation, insight, customer surveys and others where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business for the following purposes:
- To promote our brand
- To send marketing information to you after presenting an opt-out option to you
- Measure the reach of our marketing
- Judge the effectiveness of our campaigns
- Enhance your customer experience
- To facilitate the ‘Refer a Friend’ service should you sign up to it
- To operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
- To operate the administrative and technical aspects of our business efficiently and effectively
- For the prevention of fraud and other criminal activities
Remember at the time we first collect your details we will give you an option to opt-out and stop us sending you electronic marketing information and this option will be repeated in every subsequent electronic marketing message to you.
- Marketing communications
We will use your personal information to send marketing information to you. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time.
- If you have requested to receive such marketing information from us by opting-in (you may withdraw your consent at any time); or
- In relation to marketing by post or email/SMS only, if we have obtained your contact details in the course of you placing an order or making a sales enquiry, and you have not objected to receiving such marketing communications from us. In this case, we will only use your contact details to send you email marketing communications that are based on similar products or services that you purchased from us (you will always have the opportunity to opt out at any time).
- We will also share your personal information with our commercial partners for them to send marketing by post to you where you have not objected. You may ask us to stop sharing your personal information with those partners at any time. Once the information has been shared with them, they will be the controllers of the personal information they receive and will be responsible to you for that information. You will need to use the unsubscribe options they provide or contact those partners to opt out of receiving further marketing information from them.
- The marketing we will send to you will contain information about our products, events, product launches, exciting offers (including discounts, competitions and other promotions) and services. When you have not engaged with our marketing material for a while, we will contact you to reconfirm your marketing preferences.
- We try to tailor any marketing material that we send to you for example by notifying you of special offers or promotions that will be of relevance to you, apply to your interests and in your location (we do this by monitoring your browsing and online and offline shopping habits and providing information on products you have viewed and related products). If you do not wish to receive communications from us, please inform us by using the unsubscribe link inside the email, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by changing your profile settings from within your account.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us (or we ask you to reconfirm your preferences and you do not respond), we will keep your email address on our suppression list indefinitely to ensure that we comply with your wishes. Please see further ‘The Periods for Which We Retain Your Personal Information’ below.
If after 2 years from the point you have had no interaction with our marketing emails/SMS we will email or text you to see if you want to remain on our marketing database and if you do not reply positively we will remove you from the list and place your details on our marketing suppression list.
- Where we disclose your personal information to others
We only disclose your personal information outside our business in limited circumstances. If we do, we will put in place a contract that requires recipients to protect your personal information, unless we are legally required to share that information. Any contractors or recipients that work for us will be obliged to follow our instructions or terms and have a contract in place with us to protect your personal information. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
To 3rd Party Providers on your behalf We may disclose your information to our third-party service providers, agents and subcontractors (Suppliers) for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf, including the operation and maintenance of our site, and social media pages. Such as:
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties in the event of some or all our businesses undergoing a significant organisational change or if we had to comply with legal request.
Recipient / Relationship to us
Why we share your personal information
To deliver products you have bought to where you wish them to go and return them when necessary
Email service providers
To arrange for the delivery of an email correspondence to you
Printing and distribution services for our brochures and other posted communication
To arrange for the printing and delivery of brochures and other posted matter
Customer Service Survey companies
For them to contact you occasionally to determine your level of customer satisfaction
Companies who run competitions for us
To run competitions for you on our behalf
A company who operates a ‘Refer a friend’ service
So you can participate should you wish to
Queue management solution for retail
To manage and service in-store customers more effectively
Transfers of your personal information outside of Europe
For all customers who shop within the UK or European Area (EA) we do not transfer any personal information outside of Europe. If we do so in the future, we’ll let you know and take measures to protect your personal information.
- For those customers who shop in the USA and also in the UK we will transfer information to our US partners to ensure your purchase is delivered successfully. We will also on occasion, and only where you have agreed, transfer your personal information to marketing agencies in the United States of America.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers which are located within the UK or the EEA.
- If at any time we transfer your personal information to, or store it in, countries located outside of the EEA (for example, if our hosting services provider changes) we will amend this policy and notify you of the changes.
- We will also ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place for that transfer and storage as required by applicable law. This is because some countries outside of the UK and EEA do not have adequate data protection laws equivalent to those in the UK or EEA.
- If we transfer your personal information to the United States of America, we will rely on Model Contract Clauses as approved by the European Commission (or such other framework that may replace it from time to time) or for which we have an alternative safeguard is in place in accordance with applicable law. Where they apply to our data transfer activities, we may rely on future adequacy decisions by the European Commission or UK Government about certain countries for data transfers to countries outside the UK and EEA.
- Security and links to other websites
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use a variety of measures based on good industry practice to keep it secure. Nonetheless, transmissions over the internet and to our site and our social media pages may not be completely secure, so please exercise caution. When accessing links to other websites, their privacy policies, not ours, will apply to your personal information(dropdown)We employ security measures to protect the personal information you provide to us, to prevent access by unauthorised persons and unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
- We use Internet standard encryption technology (“SSL” or “Secure Socket Layer” technology) to encode personal information that you send to us when placing an order through the site. To check that you are in a secure area of the site before sending personal information to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do everything possible to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information during its transmission to us online. You accept the inherent security implications of using the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we are at fault.
- If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety: (i) when creating a password, we recommend use at least 8 characters with a combination of letters and numbers; (ii) we recommend you frequently change your password – you can do this by going to “My Account” and clicking “Change name, email or password”; (iii) keep your passwords private – remember, anyone you knows your password may access your account; and (iv) avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts. We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Bedding Comfort Store asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
- The periods for which we retain your personal information
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it. For certain purposes we retain your personal information (e.g. to supress marketing messages where you have opted out), otherwise to establish, bring or defend legal claims, we only retain your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy and relevant statutory data retention periods that apply. For example:
- We keep your personal information for no longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information is processed. We process personal information in accordance with our Data Retention Period and relevant statutory data retention period that may apply.
The only exceptions to this are where:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law (see further Your Rights In Relation To Your Personal Information below);
- We bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible;
- We archive the information, in which case we will delete it in accordance with our deletion cycles which are based on good industry practice; or
- You exercise your right to require us to retain your personal information for a period longer than our stated retention period (see further Your Rights In Relation To Your Personal Information below).
- Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have the following rights, some of which may only apply in certain circumstances. To exercise these rights please contact us using the details at the end of this policy. Detail of these rights are below.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
To have your information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
The accuracy of your information is important to us and we are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change your name or address/email address, or you discover that any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know by contacting us in any of the details described at the end of this policy.
To object to processing of your personal information
Where we rely on our legitimate interests as the lawful basis for processing your personal information for particular reasons. You may object to us using your personal information for these purposes by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this policy. Except for the purposes for which we are sure we can continue to process your personal information; we will temporarily stop processing your personal information in line with your objection until we have investigated the matter. If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights under data protection laws, we will permanently stop using your data for those purposes. Otherwise we will provide you with our justification as to why we need to continue using your data.
You may object to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes and we will automatically comply with your request. If you would like to do so, please use our unsubscribe tool.
To withdraw your consent to processing your personal information
Where we rely on your consent as the lawful basis for processing your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this policy. If you would like to withdraw your consent to receiving any direct marketing to which you previously opted-in, you can also do so using our unsubscribe tool. If you withdraw your consent, our use of your personal information before you withdraw is still lawful.
To restrict processing of your personal information
You may ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in the following situations:
· where you believe it is unlawful for us to do so,
· you have objected to its use and our investigation is pending or you require us to keep it in connection with legal proceedings.
In these situations, we may only process your personal information whilst its processing is restricted if we have your consent or are legally permitted to do so, for example for storage purposes, to protect the rights of another individual or company or in connection with legal proceedings.
To have your personal information erased
In certain circumstances, you may ask for your personal information to be removed from our systems by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this policy. Unless there is a reason that the law allows us to use your personal information for longer, we will make reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
To request access to your personal information and how we process it
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this policy. We may not provide you with a copy of your personal information if this concerns other individuals or we have another lawful reason to withhold that information.
To electronically move, copy or destroy your personal information in a standard, machine-readable form
Where we rely on your consent as the lawful basis for processing your personal information or need to process it in connection with a contract in place directly with you, you may ask us to provide you with a copy of that information in a structured data file. We will provide this to you electronically in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form, such as a CSV file.
You can ask us to send your personal information directly to another service provider, and we will do so if this is technically possible. We may not provide you with a copy of your personal information if this concerns other individuals or we have another lawful reason to withhold that information.
Rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
You may also contest a decision made about you based purely on automated processing by contacting us using the information at the bottom of this policy.
- Use of our services by children
Our services are not intended for use by children (individuals under the age of 18 years). We ask for parental consent from users under the age of 18. Please see further our Terms and Conditions .
Please check this page regularly for changes to this policy. This policy was last updated on 16th November 2020 the date that appears at the beginning of this policy on our site.
- Contact and legal information
You can contact us with your queries in relation to this policy or for any other reason by post, email or by phone.
Please email us at email@example.com or call us on 01706 357490 (Monday – Friday 8.00am to 10.00pm, Saturday 9am to 5pm, Sunday 10am to 4pm). You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Sartex Quilts and Textile Ltd trading as Bedding Comfort Store. Our address is Castle Mill, Queensway, Rochdale OL11 2NY and our company registration number is 2715284.